Management Consulting Philosophy
Our management consulting philosophy depends upon three interrelated tenets: patience, focus and creativity. These qualities guide us to add value, helping our clients take full advantage of pockets of opportunity.
A Patient View
“Time is the friend of the wonderful company, the enemy of the mediocre.” — Warren Buffett
- Allows us to take a long-term view and look past short-term noise with a 3-5 year time horizon in mind.
- Enables us to take our time conducting research and wait as long as necessary to uncover opportunities which possess the qualities of safety we require.
- Leads us to build an extensive collection of contacts that inform our investment choices.
A Focused Approach
“Invest within your circle of competence.” — Warren Buffett
- Allows us to build expertise and accumulate deep knowledge.
- Augments our conviction, especially during crunch time when it matters most.
- Enables us to learn from our mistakes and make fewer of them.
- Leads us to isolate key issues of importance to a company in the midst of market noise.
- Allows us to build and cultivate independent sources more effectively.
A Team of Creative Thinkers
“If you invest in the same things as everyone else, you get the same results.” — Sir John Templeton
- Leads us to perform our own original, proprietary research.
- Compels us to investigate a variety of options that others might overlook.
- Encourages us to offer of variety of competitive offers to our clients.
- Permits us to take advantage of market psychology.